The Homestead Education Center: Relax, Renew, Retool
School teaches us what we need to know to make a living, but the Homestead Education Center provides learning opportunities on how to make a life!
What We Do:
1. Provide a warm, welcoming environment on a working model of a small, sustainable homestead:
Over an acre of gardens
Solar panel array
Large kitchen and learning spaces
2. Offer Workshops, Events, and Retreats:
3. Offer Rental Space for Related Events (Find us on VRBO):
- Five Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms
- 5000+ square feet and 5 acres
Four meeting spaces (Great Room, Playroom, Kitchen, Outdoor Classroom)
Functional kitchen and serving ware
Screened in porch
Sleeps up to 20 in beds, 26 with air mattresses
Beautiful outdoor setting, saltwater pool, and lake
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT A HOMESTEAD EXPERIENCE:
-Thank you for bringing so many important topics to the public for a healthier lifestyle.
-I loved the atmosphere of learning from the teacher and the other participants. I just want to stay!
-Relaxing, challenging, exciting, beautiful!
-Loved the whole facility - homey, comfortable, inviting
-The teachers here are so knowledgeable, approachable, and make me think I can do anything!
- The FOOD! oh my goodness the food was amazing.
- This was an amazing, life-changing event. The place and people are inspiring, the things we learned are priceless.
- Good food, good people, beautiful setting with lots of learning and jut enough time for relaxation.
- My experience was very relaxing and the workshops packed with info!